Chalmove.com has tried to cover all activities which anyone who is planning to move or relocate to a new city due to their work, career or family need.
All the activities and tools are included in chalmove and to simplify their navigation we have used below user story:
- User will search for relocation, move in India and will get the chalmove portal in search result, listing in social and ads
- User come to Chalmove Home page which clearly shows the messaging that the website provides step by step guidance and support for relocation to new city and share the experience of others.
- Chalmove Home Page has the option to select the city of relocation and based on selection, City move related information to be displayed
- Chalmove webite provides checklist & reminder, build move inventory, move cost, step by step guide to relocate and complete all the transition smoothly. User can enter their move date and site will provide weekly checklist and option to track in the website
- User can build their complete plan for move and manage process by frequent visits, reminder through email for timely activities
- View key details about new location including workplace, residential areas, schools, malls etc. Share their experience, raise the questions and discuss with logged in users
- Site provides city level information as standard information and discussions specific to that city
I have covered few initial steps in my previous blog and this blog is giving more details
We flew and reached Noida one day before my husband was planning to join his new company so we can travel across and understand the area. We went to all shortlisted schools and planned the visit to first 2 on next day morning as we have already taken the appointment. We went to both the schools and as per school rule both the schools had entrance exam. My kids were confident so we first started with school 1 and based on their results they got the confirmation still we went to other school to look and get the kids feedback. They were happy with the first school so we started the admission process and paid the fees so we were ready for the school on day 2. Once we finalized we started looking for the good residential complex as we had some time but were not able to finalize so we left it on my husband and came back to Hyderabad.
My husband searched in multiple areas near school and finalized one of the residential complex which was recently got ready to occupy. He looked on multiple houses and finalized one of the apartment. He continued to be in Hotel for 2 weeks and decided to buy some basic furniture and move to apartment so he can have simple food and breathing space.
During this period we also had following activities for our move
- Finalize the exact date of move based on school session and inform the packers & movers
- Rent out the apartment, we gave the advertisement in our apartment complex and got the tenant who was ready to move 1 week after our move
- As Car Leasing company delayed the documentation so we have to move the car to Noida and started NOC process through agent, which got completed just 2-3 days before our move. I will write a separate blog on Transfer of car and Lease break.
- Sell off all the items not required, arrange all required items, separate out all valuables which we have to carry with us.
- Inform all key people about the move, person who can support during the move
Change of address: it’s one of tedious process, very confusing and very irritating considering being within India we have to proof our own identity. Now a day everyone asks for one of four key documents (Passport, Voter id Card, Aadhaar or any government issued address). As immediately after the move it’s not possible to get any of these so you have to do the Jugaad to get this done J. Some of the points are opening new accounts through your organization.
Next blog I will cover the details on our Car Movement and challenges to be consider when you relocate with your own vehicle.
By this point I hope you have seen www.chalmove.com which is built on our own experience of move and
- Get it Cleaned: Your new house may be really dirty from being empty for so long or by the previous tenant.Even if it’s not, it’s always a good idea to get your new house cleaned. This way, you will be able to move into a spic and span house.
- Check Drainage: Make sure water is coming in all the sinks and toilets. Also make sure the water is not getting blocked anywhere. If there is any water problem, call a plumber immediately and get the problem fixed.
- Get Gas Connection: Ensure your house has a gas connection, otherwise, you may find yourself in deep trouble. If by any chance, your gas connection will be delayed, get an induction.
- Get All Pest Controls Sprayed: It is awful when your house has all those creepy insects. To ensure that you live stress-free without any tension about which insect you’ll have to encounter next, move you call a pest-control agency and get your house sprayed.
- Check All Wire Connections: Check that all lights and other electrical are working. Ensure that all plugs are in working condition.
- Get the Settings for the A/C Done: If you have A/C(s), get copper wiring done for them in all the rooms you are planning to install them.
- Get a Cable Connection: Make sure there are cable connections for your T.Vs in the rooms you want your T.Vs to be in.
- Call a Carpenter: Call a carpenter and get all doors, cabinets, etc polished. Get mosquito nets installed in case there are many mosquitoes where you live. If your T.V is a wall mount, get that installed as well. If there are any shelves or anything to be mounted, make the carpenter mount them too.
- Change your Address: Get your address changed on all official things. If your children will be attending the same school, inform the school about your address change. Inform all banks that you have an account in, post offices, etc. It would be a good idea to tell your friends too.
- Decide the Layout of your House: Visit your house once before moving into it. Decide on a rough layout of your house – where you’ll place the furniture, how you’ll decorate the house, and the overall planning of the house.
- Make Sure There is a Connection for Washing Machine and Water Filter: Ensure that there is a connection for your washing machine and Water Filter. If there isn’t get one soon. If for any reason a connection for your water filter is not available, make an arrangement for drinking water.
- Make Sure There is Maximum Security in your House: Security is a vital factor these days and cannot be compromised on. Make sure that your house has proper doors with locks and that you have at least a few neighbors. There is not much security in places where there are not many people. If you live in a society or community, ensure that there are security guards employed, and that too good ones.
Chalmove.com has built easy to configure checklist and reminder which covers all the activities to be done from the time you decide to make a move and get settled at new location.