Long back when I first moved out to start my career, I moved with just 1 briefcase & 2 bags to start my career. When we got married I had 4-5 suitcases and subsequent moves got multiplied with time and start using complete truck load of house stuff for my move.
This blog will provide detailed steps to be taken for our recent move from Hyderabad to Noida (Delhi NCR). We have already built the details while we moved back from USA to India around 3 years ago.
Once my husband received the new job offer and we decided to move out and did our research with all pros and cons, he gave his resignation and based on discussion with company he got the confirmed release date. After that he informed his new organization with confirmed joining date and started our move plan which was around 10 weeks from there.
Initially we had following key move activities
– Decide the best schools nearby to my husband’s office so we can look for residential areas nearby.
– We have shortlisted 5-6 schools to reach out for the admission
– Based on kids school session we decided that he will join the currently organization around February and family will visit to finalize the school they will join after completing the current school session until March end. So to achieve this we have
o Initial stay for a week for whole family
o Once we finalize the school, we will look for the residential area
– To achieve above point, we short listed 5-6 schools and based on our understanding we prioritize the schools.
We have done all these through hours of internet research, calling schools, brokers and few friends & relatives we have in Noida & NCR.
Apart from that we started creating our checklist for following categories
– Decision for existing house as we have to give on rent or sell: We decided to give on rent as its time consuming and as it was not giving good return for sell
– Contact Packers & Movers to get the initial cost for move: We searched on internet and found a lot of portals but most of them are doing white leveling so we reached out to top 2-3 packers and movers, they gave their quote which we used for our planning.
– Budgeting for our move which include our initial trip, short term stay, school fees & others (This was based on our past experience and to our surprise we didn’t find anything on internet, which gave the idea to start www.chalmove.com)
– Decision on company leased car to take with us or sell: we first decided to sell and we started very late so decided to take with us. Due to wrong Leasing Company we lost the opportunity to sell and have to carry with us. We will cover it in a separate blog as the leasing company didn’t gave the paper even after released from the company.
– We finalized the list of items we will carry with us and sell off some of the stuff so we will have only required items with us.
– Created a checklist to capture all required activities and it is available in www.chalmove.com as create checklist & reminder tool.
– Booked hotel for short term stay and flight booking as family is planning to come back in one week and my husband will join the organization and start the work.
I will cover following steps in my next blogs
Step 2 : We reached Noida and our School and House search
Step 3: Relocated to new location (Noida) & Settling down
Step 4: Settled in new location (Noida)
Happy to get your feedback and suggest you to visit www.chalmove.com during your move.